- GAS: Served by Entex; 6"
transmission line; 250-375 PSIG transmission line pressure; 20 pounds distribution
pressure; 1000 BTU/cu. ft. rating
- WATER: One city well plus one lake
(if needed) 860,000 maximum system capacity; 225,000 gals. per day; 325,000 gals. maxim
daily use to date; 65-90 lbs. pressure on mains; 25,000 gals. overhead storage capacity;
8-6-5-4-3-2 mains; 95% of 8 & 6 mains looped.
Aeration ponds treatment
plant; 200,000 maximum capacity; 110,000 maximum daily use.
Served by GTE; Dial system
includes touch-tone; call waiting; call-forwarding; 3-way calling; speed dialing.
Served by TU Electric;
7200/125000 distribution voltage; One transmission line.
- CABLE TELEVISION:
TV; microwave and two satellite receivers; 31 channels.
- Grapeland Clinic, staffed by Dr. E.G. Cutshaw,
- Family Dentistry Clinic, staffed by Dr. Don Knight D.D.S.
- Walling's Pharmacy, staffed by a registered pharmacist with
emergency service available.
- Grapeland's Emergency Medical Service maintains two well-equipped
ambulances in Grapeland on 24-hour call, with 26 trained emergency medical personnel.
- Grapeland Volunteer Fire Department offers 24-hour call, with 30
- 9-1-1 System in County
- Hospital facilities: Crockett, 11 miles; Palestine, 25 miles.
Independent School District serves the city with Early Childhood, Kindergarten,
Elementary, Junior and Senior High Schools. Elementary, grades pre-kindergarten
through grade 5, junior high, grades 6-8, and high school, grades 9-12, are housed on
separate campuses. All new schools facilities were built in the 1950s; high school
gymnasium and auditorium in 1960s. A new addition to the elementary school was
completed in 1984. A new football stadium which includes an excellent 8-lane track
was completed in 1992 and a new band hall was completed in 1996. Grapeland I.S.D.
is a class 2A school.
- Highways: U.S. Hwy 287 / State Hwy 19
The railroad runs north and south
through the city of Grapeland
- Airports: Houston County Airport is 14 miles
south of Grapeland. The airport, located east of Crockett on Hwy 7, has 3,200 feet
of lighted asphalt runway.
- City Office - (936)-687-2115
- Fire Dept - (936)-687-2222
- Fire Marshal - (936)-687-9976
Emergency - 911